Saturday, April 01, 2006

Time is running out...glad I bought a watch

I finally bought a new watch tonight. My dress watch of several million years died a while back. It's probably just a battery issue, but I am very ready for a change. So, a few months ago, I said that when I "got down to XXX pounds" I would get a new, "nice" watch. I have kept to that. But, my wrist feels naked! Tonight I bought a really cool looking Swiss Army watch with a leather band. Women's watches (if they are not some sort of metal) have always looked funny on me so I am anxious to see how this turns out.

I guess my watch purchase was just in time as we rushed south to the new house for another 21 hour whirlwind workday. We are very behind. We are scheduled to move in May and the house isn't even painted yet! Let's see, how much do we have to do?

1. Paint interior walls...yeah, all of them
2. Paint ceiling (hubby just got this task - he is better at it than I am)
3. Crown molding installed
4. Floors refinished
5. Fence installed (our next door neighbor has been so wonderful...offering repeatedly for the pups to stay in her fenced yard)
6. Electrical: light in master bath, light in kitchen, total rewire of the house
7. Phone jacks installed (there are 2 in the whole house!!)
8. Choose granite and have installed in kitchen
9. New vanity in master bath
10. Ok...let's face it, the master bath is getting a total remodel
11. Sand and paint kitchen cabinets
12. New kitchen floor
13. The new appliances still have not been delivered (which is ok, because we have nothing but a subfloor in the kitchen right now)
.....I don't even want to consider what I would come up with if I were to actually start "thinking"!

Yes, all of that and we have about 7 weeks. We are only there from Friday afternoon until Saturday evenings and this is beginning to freak me out. I got 2 rooms primed today; not entirely but enough to call it an accomplishment. My hands are so swollen from painting! But, I can't complain. It is a wonderful house that we feel very blessed to have. This house did not show well. The owners before us had...um...well...very vivid taste in paint colors. I spent waaaaay too much time slathering the first layer of primer on the ceiling of the master sunroom. Yes, primer on a ceiling. Why? It was bright blue! There was nothing subtle about it. It's going to take 2 or 3 coats to cover the "taste" they had. Every room of the house was a different color and we are not talking attractive colors (at least in our opinion!) Dude...it has a PURPLE DOOR! Which is actually growing on me...AGGH!

So, what HAVE we done?
1. Removed most of the ceramic tile in the kitchen (hubby's job that he has spent probably 30-40 hours on -- the stuff is on there like crazy!)
2. New HVAC systems installed
3. Dining room - primed and painted (including ceiling)
4. Living room - primed and painted (including ceiling)
5. Foyer, stairs and 2nd floor hallway - primed
6. Exercise room and my office (70% primed)
7. Old appliances (except dishwasher) out of kitchen
8. Security system installed

Enough! That's it! I can't think about this anymore! Ok, I'll think about it but my hands are too swollen from painting that I am not going to type about it anymore.

Tomorrow is cram day for "straight from he!! History exam".... ugh.

Ooh, can't forget to mention that I got an appointment at Johns Hopkins for the 19th of April. Hopefully they can get this to stop! How cool will THAT be??

Take care...I'm outta here!

No comments: