Thursday, April 06, 2006

Keep Pedaling, Fat Chick

It has been a while since I have been biking and whoa do I feel it! Mr. Underdog and I fastened our helmets and jumped on to our newly tuned up bikes for a ride through the woods and into an adjacent park. It was nice that the trail had been cleared and widened, but it took most of the challenge out of it. I always enjoy showing up my hubby by jumping a tree branch which requires him to dismount and carry his bike over. None of those today. It was smooth. Ugh. We made it over to the park and rode on to the paved path. Nothing much exciting there. Usually, we will venture off into the areas that are marked "No Bikes" (all but the one we enter on is marked that way) for a little extra challenge. Today, we decided not to. So much vegetation had been pummeled that I felt guilty contributing to the effort. Anyway, my knee began hurting about halfway through, but we continued. The entire ride was a little over half of what we used to do daily. The most pathetic part was that we were both winded when we pulled into the driveway. So sad. I am in awe of those cyclists who hump it through the winter...not for me. When I lived in Texas (born and raised) weather was not a factor...cold weather that is. Obviously, heat is one thing that the state is known for.

(Note: yes, I know I am ending a lot of my sentences with prepositions...just deal with it)

Of course, the last time I rode in Texas I ended up strapped to a back board with a C-collar in the back of an ambulance. Stupidity. That's all I can say about it. Stupidity.

I am exhausted. A little pasta salad and non-alcoholic wine (I am allergic) and I'm done for the night. Perhaps tomorrow I will relive the tale of my total inability to focus during my tutoring session this morning. I also need to study for my exam coming up on Monday. Ugh.

Anyhow, I have an appointment with my shrink in the morning and then off to coffee with a friend. Somehow I hope to work in getting the oil in my car changed before heading south for another 21 hour whirlwind work session.

Ta-ta for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're allergic to alcohol??!! Gosh! Never heard of that before.