Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dude, I'm Waivering...I'm a Waffler....call me John Kerry or John McCain...or any of those other ones

I don't know what to think about this. I have always wanted to become a physician. But, I for some reason, I keep thinking about the possibility of going the dental route. I know, I hear that dentists are so unhappy and so on and so forth. But, nonetheless...
My desire to enter medicine is to have a profound impact on the health, wellness and quality of life of people. (Among other reasons - hey, this is not an interview so I'm not gonna spill it all)
Dentists do that too. I just don't know. It is WAY TOO early in this tributarial (is that even a word?) thought to make a decision. Anyway, that is where I am.

On another subject, we are headed south a day early this week to hopefully get something significant accomplished. I had hoped to spend the summer volunteering or working or twiddling my thumbs, but as we get closer and closer to moving day it seems that I will be supervising subcontractors for the summer. Gee. How thrilling. (Please tell me you got the sarcasm.) Hopefully, hubby will finish blowing up the tile in the kitchen so I can repair the subfloor and we can get the guy in there to lay the cork. I am really looking forward to having cork in the kitchen. We have tile in the house we are in now and it is awful. After standing for just a bit, my heels and back hurt! Cork is much softer. So, that is where we will be spending most of our time this weekend. The kitchen hasn't been touched because he has been working on removing the tile. But, we have granite guys coming in, a kitchenful of appliances that are being stored in the living room, the electrician needs to come do his thing...and so on and so forth. But, before any of that can be done, I need to paint the walls, sand the cabinets and repaint. I say "I" not because hubby isn't helping, but because he is dealing with the logistics of everything (thank goodness). I like to get my hands dirty and would rather that he deals with the details of getting everyone there.

That's about all I have for now. I am being a total bum today. I should have been up and at 'em hours ago, but I'm not. I have a CD (Covenant Discipleship) Group meeting at 2 pm. I am doing it as a favor to a girl we know who is in seminary. They thrust this 2 year project on them (on top of the internships, etc) and don't pay any mind to how difficult it is to get people who aren't in seminary to commit to a group for that long. When my husband was in seminary he constantly had to recruit new people. The group he ended up with was made up of him, me, the then Associate Pastor (who had graduated the year before and knew how difficult it was) and his learning partner (who had committed to a ton more too). It was one of those things where everyone was doing it to get him through. I don't think anyone was really getting anything out of it...and that is exactly how I feel about this one this year. I think this may be our last meeting since she graduates in May.

Ok, that's REALLY all I have for now.

Talk to y'all later.

Over and out.

No comments: