Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Boobs, Shadowing, and Moving - Oh My!

Today was supposed to have been my Calc and Physics tutoring, but I think I ate something the other night that didn't agree with me. I felt awful yesterday. I couldn't change positions without my stomach burning. It was probably just an overabundance of spicy food the night before. Nevertheless, I was afraid that I would not make it through tutoring so I cancelled.

I have an appointment with my plastic surgeon today. It's the last follow up! Don't get me wrong, I adore my surgeon but I have wanted to have this procedure done for many, many years and the fact that this is the last appointment represents that I had the courage to go through with it. We end up just chatting about life in general in between her glances at the (fabulous) work she did. I have told her about my plans to go to med school (when, who knows?) and she is surprisingly very supportive...even enthusiastic. Today, I plan to ask if she will allow me to shadow her. I don't think I have any desire to go into plastics, but I think it will be helpful nonetheless. Not to mention the opportunity to shadow someone that I hold in such high regard, knows me and is obviously supportive of my plans. How cool would that be? I'll let you know how it goes.

It is beautiful outside today. Sunny and a high of 58F. I guess I could get a bit of studying done for my exam on Monday. I don't know if the postponement was a blessing or a curse. I am just going to stress about it until it is over...but I don't know if I will actually do any better than I would have this week. I really need to start packing for the move; I realized yesterday how quickly it is approaching. The moving company that we use doesn't charge extra if you want them to pack for you, provided it is done pre-move day. But, I am quite anal about things (yes, I know it...that's why my screen name is Type A on SDN) so I am not too crazy about someone else packing for me. I did allow them to pack 7 boxes last time, but I packed the first 53. I also listed the contents according to box number on a spreadsheet. It is so worth it. My husband thought I was crazy until I could tell him exactly where he could find something. Ah ha!

I need to go eat breakfast (probably something super bland if I am smart) and then map out the day.

I'm outta here.

No comments: