Friday, April 14, 2006

On the Road Again

Yesterday was a whirlwind. I really wasn't looking forward to driving south to the new house because my neck is still quite painful. I decided to take the SUV as opposed to the Z3 (but, after paying $3.28/gal for gas I was regretting it) because hubby and I thought that it would be more comfortable. WRONG. I got 20 miles south and realized that it didn't matter which car I took...I was going to be in pain. The appliances arrived in 2 deliveries because apparently someone moved half of our shipment to another area of the warehouse and the driver didn't clue in. But, the delivery guys were great and returned 45 mins later with the rest. I quickly changed clothes to go have dinner with our friends. It was Jim's birthday. We went to a steakhouse. I should have known it would go downhill from there. I don't like steak.

So, I ordered grouper. OMG. It was so rubbery! So, ended up eating a baked potato and rice pilaf for dinner. Oh yeah, and a side salad. Nothing like carbs. Then Judy needed to pick up a Rx before the pharmacy closed at 9pm so we (all being in one car) drove over there and WAITED FOR 25 MINS! I was exhausted, my neck was hurting, I still had a long drive home, and I sitting next to the most annoying woman (God bless her) who wouldn't quit talking. **

I ended up making it home about 11:30 last night and had an appointment at 7am.

I am babbling and have much to do. I will be merciful and shut up here.

Adios.

**another story, another day

No comments: