Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My ol' friends...Calc and Physics...and GPA not so bad either.

I went to the doc yesterday. Apparently, I am not dying. This, of course, works well with the plans for my future. I was up and at 'em early this morning...there is nothing like the Beltway during rush hour with a wreck taking the 2 left lanes. I (surprisingly) arrived at my destination in plenty of time to get my books out before my tutor arrived. I can't believe it. I understand Calculus. Not only do I understand Calc, I am jammin' on Physics too! Wow. There is nothing like not having to grunt "Huh?" over and over again. Yippee!

Last night as I was looking at the AMCAS site, I realized something. My UG was determined based only on the grades I received while at my graduating university. I was simply given credit for successfully completing courses taken elsewhere. Classes in which I received As, Bs and ok even a C or two. But the point is...I have like 60 hours of decent grades that will be factored into my AMCAS GPA!! It is higher than I thought! How much higher remains to be determined. But, If I graduated with a total of 135 - 140 hours (yes, more than I needed) and 50 - 60 of those never actually counted toward my GPA ---and they were the highest of my academic career....ooooh, life is looking better every moment. Now, I am not under the illusion that I suddenly will have this 3.5 or anything. But, every little .0001 th of a point helps! I need to order all of my transcripts and see what I am actually looking at.

So exciting. I have never been excited about my grades. Looky looky. Things are looking up.

Even if only in my own little world.

1 comment:

Bad Doctor said...

Great blog! Keep up the good work, both with your writing here and with your coursework. I'm sure it will all pay off in the end. Also, thanks for the link on your page. It's the first link to my blog that I've seen--way cool!