Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Doubting?

I think today was the first day that I actually freaked out and questioned my chances of attaining my goal. I know that I really am behind the 8 ball. I have been since I began thinking about this. But, I believe that I have just been so absorbed in learning all of my options that I am making myself crazy. I am at the point where I am looking at Australian med schools as if I will never even apply in the States. That is ridiculous. I really need to get thought pattern out of my life. There is no room for it. Would going overseas be the worst thing? No. It would be more work and more time consuming, but there are positive things to be said for it. The option is certainly not my first choice. I don't want to uproot my husband and leave the house that we just bought (which we haven't even moved into yet)! My head is 2.5 years ahead of where my body is...ugh. Not just thinking about it, but living it. Really, that is not a good thing.

I dropped one of my history classes today. Ironically, the one that I expected to be the easier of the two. I could have hung in, but the risks outweighed the potential gain. Anyway, now I have more time for Western Civ...oh gee...fun, fun, fun. But really, I can concentrate on getting a shining mark in that one and still have time to develop a good base in Calc and Physics.

My homework is done in prep for my tutoring session in the morning, but I am sick. Ugh. I think I am going to go make some tea. Oh, speaking of...did you know that "Tension Tamer" tea has catnip in it? I didn't until my shrink saw me drinking some and I was complaining about how I was feeling all goofy and stuff. Who knew I was part feline (does that make me a minority?...Cornell, Yale, Harvard, Vandy...here I come!) I don't even LIKE cats. I expected that someone would discover I am part canine at some point, I have way too much in common with my dogs. But, I guess it would be a lot more difficult to get one of those rawhide chewy things into a teabag.

Anyway...over and out.

No comments: