Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Video Released


Someone has claimed responsibility for the kidnapping of Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig. Here is the released video.

I pray that this is brought to a peaceful end, soon.

I can't imagine what my former colleagues in Washington must be going through right now. I am ripped up about this and I'm so far removed from the situation now. I must say that I am disgusted with the tiny bit of coverage that even FNC has given to the horrible event. Whose order was that? John Moody? Kim Hume? Brit? Sick. We know that there will be no negotiation for their release, despite the demands. This has already been an unprecedented capture and holding for the area. So I pray that it ends the way that the others have. I also must say that in an industry where hitting the air first is the goal, Fox couldn't even do it with THIS story. CNN beat them. The people at FNC may care for the two men, but the organization is doing some serious sucking in their expression of it.

Oh, and if you think that I am buying that whole "They are being treated well thing"...just look at Steve's mannerisms...are those what you would expect from a seasoned journalist accustomed to being in violent areas?

No comments: