Wednesday, August 16, 2006

This, that and the other

It has been a couple of days since I last posted. I volunteered on Monday, which was exhausting but no less fulfilling. I will volunteer again tomorrow...unless I call in because I really want one of my last days before school to be free days with hubby. I may do that. There is a patient on the burn unit that I would like to be involved with, but I am just too wiped and selfish with my remaining hours of freedom right now. Classes begin next Thursday and I wasn't brilliant enough to plan far enough in advance to schedule a follow up eye appointment at JHU. With us now living farther away from Baltimore, it is more than a one day quick trip. I can be, I suppose, but it would be a miserable day. So, hopefully, we will go the night before and stay so that we only have one way to drive the following day.

This morning, I was a horrible doggy mom. While cutting a knot out of the fur underneath the big dog's ear (a task that she trusts me to do), I chopped into her ear. Oh my. It was so sad. She was bleeding and I felt horrible. It looked like a relatively bad cut b/c it was on the edge and therefore the skin split apart quite dramatically. But, we stopped the bleeding, put some rubbing alcohol on it and applied treats to mouth...life is good. For a second there, I thought that we may actually have to make a trip to the vet for a suture or two. This was troubling b/c we don't even know where to go. We haven't established a relationship with a new vet since the move. Anyway, big puppy is lying here in bed next to me and things are ok.

I got a lot done yesterday, including buying my books. Ok, I officially feel REALLY old. It wasn't just the 18 year old teeny boppers carrying boxes into the dorms, but even the supplies for class! I handed my schedule to the "woman" behind the counter and she returned with a stack of books and a box containing a little remote control looking thing. Apparently, this is for taking quizzes in class...or something. My chem prof is requiring it. I feel so old. Not to mention, I am completely out of shape. A fat, old woman...not too pretty for beginning school with a bunch of teenagers! That's ok, I used to gravitate to the old people in my class. They weren't idiots. They were serious. Not to mention, they had resources to make a project go well. I remember one project in one of my Health Admin classes. One of my group members was Debra, a very nice and easy going woman with discipline. She also worked for a well known hospital near my univ. So, while the other groups were putting together their H.A. projects in dorm rooms, we were in the radiology department of a Texas hospital getting exposure and input from other employees. I'm not stupid. ;) Don't misunderstand me, she was a very nice woman who I had befriended prior to the project.

Well, today I need to call the parking office and change the tag number of one of my cars that I listed for my parking permit. I really should look at the plate before I start typing...but NOOOO! Click, click, click, tap, tap, tap and I entered the wrong info. At least I got the make and model of the car correct , not to mention half of the plate. But, if I know anything, those rent-a-cops will nail you for anything. So, I best be changin' it.

I have decide to remain in my College Algebra class even though I have already taken it. Why? I got a C in it last time (a million years ago) and DO schools/AACOMAS will replace the grade with the higher one. So, provided I can pull something higher than a pitiful C...life will be good. If I can't, I better give up this whole idea of med school. Now God, PLEASE let me get a prof who doesn't refer to himself in the third person and tell people how stupid they are. Oh yes, good times.

Ok my reading public...all 5 of you...HA! I am gonna close here.

Hopefully, I will update again soon.

Hasta luego.

No comments: