Saturday, August 05, 2006

Bad day.

Today is not a good day for me. In fact, I would classify it as awful. Not that anything significant has happened, I just feel terrible. I don't know that I am capable of being any more descriptive than that. I am angry to point where it hurts and I don't know why I am angry. I am depressed, I am...heck I just don't really care about discussing it. I have had bad days in my life...we all have. The feeling associated with this one ranks up there pretty high.

Anyway, I have discovered a program (a formal post-bacc) that I was previously unaware of. That is not true, I was aware of it, but thought the requirements were beyond what I have. So, I called the director and asked him about it. He said that where I am is just fine and to call this other person over in admissions to get her change me over into this program. Ok, great. But, that was Friday and I was unable to talk to her before the weekend? Why? Because I was sitting in a chair getting one of the worst haircuts of my life. I am not only feeling horrible, but I look like a moron. Great. Not to mention, a lost dog showed up on our front porch yesterday and we were unable to find the owners before nightfall. So, the sucker that I am insisted that we keep the dog safe in our back yard until the owner was found. Great. What we have found out from the single tag that graces her collar is that it is likely that she became lost when her owner visited the nearby river, perhaps for hiking, biking or kayaking. The dog is incredibly sweet, gentle and well behaved...certainly better behaved than our 2. But, we have a party next weekend that will take place largely in the back. This dog can not be here!! We have to wait until Monday to call the county office where the tag is from (which is a good 2 hours from here) to try to track down a name and phone number. Then, get these people here to pick up their friggin' dog. I don't want to put the dog out on the street. I can't do that. And, if she has an owner (which it appears that she does) I don't want to drop her off with the SPCA either. So, for now, she will remain fed and watered in our back yard.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi babe.

I am so sorry that you are having a bad day and feeling so terrible. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.