Monday, August 07, 2006

Life is facing in the right direction

While I am not yet back to 100%, I believe that things are at least facing in the right direction. We are having a party this weekend and have been working very hard to get things accomplished in preparation for that. We checked the forecast and, as of right now, it looks to be the best day in quite a while! Yeah!!! I called to change my program to the formal "Post-Baccalaureate Health Sciences Certification Program" and need to take some paperwork over to the admissions office. I am excited about this change and hope that it affords me more opportunities than the informal track would have.

This is so hilarious....a fire engine is roaring by... We live near a road where a fair number of emergency vehicles travel...with lights and sirens. The dogs in the neighborhood freak out with their howling and barking. Ours? Nope. Too lazy. The big one is asleep on the bed and heard the ruckus, picked her head up as if to say "WTF?" and plopped it back down into restful slumber. Pretty funny stuff. I think later today I am going to go to Wal-Mart. I am not crazy about Wal-Mart for a variety of reasons, but there are some things that Target just doesn't carry. Usually, they are tacky things that a person really should not spend money on...which is exactly what I am looking for right now. HA!

This week is shaping up to be a productive one. I will (hopefully) have the baseboards in the kitchen back reinstalled before sleeping tonight, a ton of weeding was done by hubby today, we treated and added about 50 gallons of H2O to the fish pond and will begin the algae treatment probably tonight, an electrician is coming on Wednesday to install light fixtures, outlets and switches and the piano tuner will be here Thursday at 1pm to get the piano in shape for people to play this weekend. We have several musicians coming over on Saturday so it will be nice to know that the instrument is in playable condition. :)

I am going to wrap up here, but in the words of Robert Frost, "I have miles to go before I sleep, I have miles to go before I sleep."

Peace out peeps!

UPDATE:
I totally overdid it in the heat today...again. Not as badly as last time, but I feel all goofy and stuff. Hopefully, I will feel better by morning so that I can keep to my volunteer schedule. Not to mention, I have a ton to do the rest of the week. Anyway, much was accomplished today and I found out that a neighbor that we have not gotten to know (pretty much at all) will be at the party on Saturday. I am so excited! She and her husband have a 3 y.o. son and she seems to be someone that I could get along with very well. Yeah! Making friends!! Cool! Just in time to not have any time at all. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Underdog,

I am SO happy to hear that things are looking up and that you are getting to know people. The formal post-bacc sounds great too.