Friday, August 25, 2006

School's in session.

I began classes yesterday. I am thrilled with my Human Bio and my Nutrition profs. Nutrition is going to be a lot more difficult than I anticipated. It is being taught by a woman with a Ph.D. in Pathology and is heavily biology based. Ok, so it's not going to be the easy A that I thought... Darn! But, it is still a Bio and will be included in my BCPM GPA so I am happy about that. Thankfully, my Human Bio prof doesn't require the accompanying lab. I looked at the syllabus and this one credit course has a quiz every week. I am not too stoked about that. It is not going to help me as such...so I decided to drop. I would love to take it just for my own enjoyment, but my schedule is a bit heavier than expected, so I don't want to blow it my first semester back as a FT student.

Today, I was scheduled for only my math class. I am retaking College Algebra because it will replace my grade with AACOMAS. I walked into the class, sat down in the front row (I know, super-geek) and the instructor proceeded to call out the roster. Um, no Dr. Underdog and 4 of her fellow students! So, it was off to the math lab to find out what the heck was going on. To make a long story short, for the last few months, I have been receiving emails about how the class had been overscheduled and how they were going to move students around. However, the last 2 emails that I received said that everything was back to normal and my original section was the one that I should report to...which I did. But, I was not enrolled in that class. Apparently, I had been moved to a section down the hall. So, when another student and I walked in 20 minutes late after finding this out, the prof got mad. Not only that, he handed us and test and said something with such a thick accent that I still don't know what it was. My husband may be fluent in Russian, but I am not. The entire time I was in there, I had no idea what the man was saying. So, I went to go make my case back in the Math Lab for another section. Long story almost over...I am now in a prof's class that comes very highly rated and begin Tuesday. It will now take up the time slot originally occupied by my Human Bio lab (which I dropped) and I now have Fridays off!! YES! I am anxious to find out what my Chem prof is like. I am not willing to blow this because a prof is off in la-la land and I fail to do anything about it, which is a lot of what happened last time. Things are going to be different. I am going to do my best and that includes giving myself every advantage by not being lazy and accepting whatever comes my way. Some things we have no control over...I am cool with that. Things like this that can make a HUGE difference can be changed. I am happy about the change.

Anyway, I am outta here for now. Hopefully, Animal Control will be by shortly to take care of this horrible dog situation we have going. Our neighbor's puppy died of parvo and wanted to borrow a shovel. Hubby told him no because we also have 2 dogs and didn't want them to get sick. So, the guy just decided to dump the dog in the city supplied trashcan which was not his. If you don't call and order one (and as far as I know - pay for it)...you don't get it. He put the dog in our neighbor's can who is not home. I called Animal Control. This morning, I walked out to my car and knew something was decomposing. When I got to the car in the alley, I was really afraid that I was going to find a dead body. I guess I wasn't so far off. But, this was still in his yard. His dogs (pit bulls) get out all the time and run all over the place..including into our yard to deficate. This is disgusting. The trash was picked up this morning and won't be collected again for a week. Can you imagine the smell in a week? Regardless of the smell, I think it is a horribly sad thing to do to an animal. I can understand that the guy couldn't afford to have his dog treated...I am not holding that against him, but the rest is just inconsiderate and unhealthy. There are many dogs around...including our 2. Thankfully, ours have been vaccinated, but it nonetheless makes me a little scared. The dog that we housed overnight was a yardmate of the parvo dog. God, I pray that she didn't bring anything into our yard.

Our dogs are not exhibiting any symptoms even 2-3 weeks out so I am optimistic. But, ugh. I am hacked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your classes switched and that school is going well.

That is totally disgusting that your neighbor just put his dead dog in the trash. Dude. I have never even heard of anything like that.