Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Randomness @ its best

Wow, this week is going by too fast. I one of my 2 volunteer days this week on Tuesday. I was in the wig salon..which is where I will be from now on..well...for a while..I think. Ok, so how's that for specificity? I don't know if I wrote about this or not and I don't want to surf away form this page right now to find out. If not, I will post an email that I wrote to a friend of mine explaining how it went. Saturday is the long awaited party. Well, not so long awaited really....and I could use a lot more time. But, if we wait until the house is complete, I will be well past residency and nearly retired. So, Saturday it is. Frankly, I am surprised at how many people are supposedly coming. Looks like well over 30. Many of them are driving 2 hours each way. Maybe we were liked more than was expressed for the past 5 years. Anyway, I am really looking forward to it, but Tuesday was gone to the Cancer Center and tomorrow morning is theirs as well. Don't get me wrong. I love being there, but this week is a little tight. I did bug out for tomorrow afternoon to give us more time to work around here though.

I am not a good hostess. I stress myself out way too much. We don't entertain much. But, when we do I am a wreck. I buy way too much food and freak out that everything won't be perfect. There will be kids at this one, so hubby and I went and bought some coloring books, bubbles and other toys to entertain them.

I don't even want to think about this thing right now. Going to go get in bed. The day began early with a knock on the door from the electrician while I was still in my PJs. Thankfully, the electrical stuff is finally done! It is so nice to see light fixtures hangin from the ceiling that we have only looked at in the box! Such a feeling of accomplishment. Another feeling of accomplishment...completing this blog entry.

'Night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your party sounds like so much fun! That is great that so many people are coming.