Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Look Ma, No Glass!



Today was HOT! I mean, uber-hot. The heat index actually hit 117F! Needless to say, I didn't go out much today. Watered the plants and went out to dinner because the thought of eating meat (I had planned to cook for dinner) was just too hot. Ugh. So, we went for salad...and soup...which I brought home and put in the fridge. I am having 'puter issues and burning a CD from iTunes can't seem to be done. I really need to back some data before this thing goes belly up. It is only a year old, but I don't have much confidence in its longevity at the moment. Tomorrow is my long day volunteering at XYZCC. I am looking forward to it, but not to the heat. I have no idea what I will be doing tomorrow. I could live without doing the cart...that makes me sweat. The building is not exactly 50 below, so activity makes me sweat. My glasses end up sliding down on my face so I look completely disheveled. I did find that I sweat less when I was wearing running shoes rather than loafers. Thankfully, I am pretty well stocked with Nike Shox, so tomorrow it will be a light pink blouse, khaki slacks (capri or long, I have not decided), and pink Shox. That way, if the cart is in my future...I will be prepared. Today was not a real good day around here if you are an antique piece of Asian art. My hubby was vacuuming (which I appreciate) and, though he saw a potential disaster, failed to reposition the cord. CRASH! Down goes a 4 foot piece of 18th century oil painting on silk. I had worked so hard to delicately clean this piece before having it framed. Not to mention, the framing itself cost $400! We were going to hang it in the foyer. I am not exactly happy with the situation. Especially because to replace the glass (which involves removing it from the custom frame and then reframing) would easily cost $200+ . Hubby's suggestion? "Can't we just hang it without the glass?" IT IS 300 YEARS OLD! Come on! We can...if you want to watch it disintegrate.

I really should stop whining. The man is wonderful. He never gets mad when I do stupid things, which is way too often. So, I really should cut him a break.

I will report on the day tomorrow. Have a great one all!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sorry about your artwork.

Hope volunteering goes well.