Sunday, September 17, 2006

Up, UP and AWAY!

Oh WOW. Here's the story...a want to go visit someone that I met via SDN and I have some time to do so in October. The catch? I am horribly afraid of flying. I figured that would be solved by taking the train...which I have recently been introduced to and love. But, the trip is about 20 hours. SO...I sucked it up and decided to fly. I have not flown in 3 years. I made it half of a round-trip last time and returned home by bus...36 hours. Ugh. THAT'S how scared I was. Hubby wasn't too thrilled, but supportive. He should have just knocked me upside the head and thrown me into a seat. I am not scared of terrorism. I am scared of flying. Go figure. I need to get over this fear. Why not now? This is crazy and I feel nuts for attempting this...but I will be thrilled when it is over. The flight that is. I hope that I am able to relax and enjoy the time with my friend and not think about the return trip.

Anyway, I am going to do this. I am looking forward to it. I will also meet a couple of other people from SDN who will be in town for interviews that weekend.

What an awesome few days it will be! Now, Dr. Underdog, all you have to do is get on the friggin' plane.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey Dr. Underdog,

It certainly will be an AWESOME few days! You'll be able to relax while you're here.

It means so much to me that you are coming up.