Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hodge Podge

Okee Dokee! A short week (due to Labor Day) and my beautiful schedule with Fridays off! I have now been to all of my classes and am thrilled with them. The Biology department somehow appears to have gotten together and scheduled their exams on the same day or at least in the same week. Ugh. What does this mean? I have Nutrition and Human Biology exams always together. Not good. Lots of info...

I am watching this Primetime special on Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) to treat OCD and Depression. This makes me so excited about medicine. Psychiatry and Neurology are so interesting to me. I have no plans to pursue this area of medicine for a variety of reasons, but it is no less fascinating.

This weekend involves a doctor appointment and lots of studying. I have a follow up with my (brilliant) neuro-ophalmalogist next Friday. The trip to JHU is going to be long, but necessary. Thankfully, it will come a day after my Human Bio and Nutrition exams. I can't afford that kind of time away from studying beforehand. Not that one can't study in the car or train or plane or under a rock....but it doesn't work as well for me and I need all the help I can get.

Ok, I really want to get back to watching this show.

Talk to ya later!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey hon!

I am so glad your classes are going well and that you don't have to go to Baltimore until after your exams.

Deep Brain Stimulation sounds really cool. I will have to learn more about it.

Olivia is sick. :( We have a 4 adult : 1 sick kid ratio and it doesn't seem like enough! She is at least talking and stuff now and seems less lethargic. Poor little thing.

Well have a great weekend!