Thursday, May 11, 2006

Driving, driving, and more driving

This move is exhausting. I can't even create a coherent sentence...so bear with me. I drove down on Tuesday- painted, painted, painted and painted some more. Then, I drove back Wednesday night. I think...is today Thursday? Tonight, we meet with the mover, tomorrow morning I have a doctor's appointment and then we get back in the car to head back down. We will stay there until late Saturday night - working and meeting with the floor guy who will start on Monday. Then, drive back...church Sunday here (since, it is more than worship for us..it is hubby's job) then drive back south on Sunday afternoon...stay through Monday and then (thank you , GOD!) we will make the drive for the 6th and final time in less than a week! We will not make the drive again until Friday (at earliest).

Ahh..I am wiped out just having typed that!

When I got to the house on Tuesday, I opened the console in my care only to NOT find my keys to the house. Hubby had stuck them in his pocket and failed to return them to my safe keeping place. As you can imagine, I was none too happy to find this out for the first time while sitting in front of our new house...100 miles south of where the keys lay. We ended up calling the contractor that we have working on the interior and I used his key while I was there.

I don't have any more energy. I am going back to sleep.

Over and out for now.


UPDATE (4 pm):
Have you ever been so tired that you can't sleep? That's where I was earlier. It was awful. Thankfully, I was finally able to get a few winks (then hubby called and woke me up - blah) so I am no longer have that terrible feeling. I have spent the day in bed. Yes, laziness but it has felt sooooo good. I also got a chance to indulge myself in something I really love...thinking about where I want to go..want to be...the road I am on. I am so grateful for the opportunity to go back to school. I often consider the brilliant minds that are without the opportunity that I have today. Those people that, for no other reason than bad luck have no hope for a better tomorrow. As I watch these guys who are building our fence at the new house work in the sun, I realize that while I am envious of the easy-going way they work together and seemingly live their lives, college wasn't even an option for most of them. If more people knew the way the Department of Education loan system works, I believe that more people would go to college and beyond. My point is...there are brilliant minds out there in my yard. Minds that could do much more than build fences if that is what they wanted to do. Please, don't misunderstand me. I don't feel that a person is of any less importance because they are building fences or digging ditches rather than running a company or are a physician. I just have seen too many people look at me as if their life is a waste beseeching me to make mine better than theirs has been. How do you beg back? My belief is that it's not over until it is truly over. Maybe I am a bit idealistic, but it has served me well and I see no reason to essentially die before you do.

How did I get onto that subject? Really, I could go on and on about it. It is something that troubles my heart and my wish is to leave this life with a financial legacy that allows more than merely any children that my husband and I may have to pursue higher education.

Anyway...my heart is really with organ transplantion. I would love to become a transplant surgeon. So, while I was lying in bed wanting to go to sleep this afternoon, I surfed on over to UNOS.ORG . At the bottom of the page, they have a link to a wonderful memorial to organ donors. I encourage you to read the stories. It was very heartwarming as well as heart-wrenching. If you have not already decided to be an organ donor upon your death (or a living donor - if you are willing) and let your wishes be known to your family, I ask that you do that today....tonight...the next opportunity. Please don't wait. There are over 92,000 people waiting. 92,000 people with people that love them, kids that need them, millions of lives that they touch. Don't take your organs with you. Where you are going you won't need them.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( So much to do so little time to do it. Sends luck!

(posted for Mushy...since I found it!)