Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Lions, Tigers and Friggin' Morons...oh my!

I have a Chem exam tomorrow. Don't even get me started on how much of an idiot my professor is. How can they let morons head up entire departments like that? Ugh. The worst ones are always the ones with the power. Great. Anyway, I wasn't feeling hot this morning so I opted to stay home through my first class. (Ok, it really wasn't an option...I really couldn't go.) But, that is beside the point. I think I have a pretty good grip on Chem for tomorrow. I had a study session with 2 girls from my class and a TA we convinced to tutor us. So, now I lie here in bed next to a Chem textbook and notes that I SEEM to have a grip on..but I guess that will be determined tomorrow.

I wish tonight were not Halloween. I am not a fan of Halloween. Never really have been, even as a kid it was more of a chore for me. I never saw the point. And with the exam tomorrow, I had hoped to have a peaceful evening. Now, I have to move the convertible into the garage (not a small task) and worry. Hubby said that he is going to sit outside on the porch with the candy and when he comes in...that is it. But, I tonight really makes me nervous. Teenagers especially go all over the city to pick and choose (if you will) the best candy collecting areas. And of course, attempting to scare the **** out of oneself is common practice as well. Unfortunately, we had an extremely brutal murder...ok a quadruple murder...one block from here and the house is still boarded up. Even though the city dropped in crime ranking from #5 to #15, this is still not the safest place (nor the calmest) place in the country. Hence, the car goes into the garage if we still want a top on it in the morning. Pain in the @$$. It is my hope that people will be respectful of what happened in that house and not use it as a terror toy. But, people from all over the city came to gawk at the structure after it happened and my guess is that they will not leave it alone tonight either. People are idiots on Halloween. Anyway, I will be working on Math and Chem and hoping that one of the pumpkins that we bought does not come flying through the glass in our front door. Did I mention...people are idiots?

Despite working my @$$ off and being so confident in my performance on my recent Nutrition exam...I managed a mere 86%. I am going to have to settle for a C in the class. There is no way on the face of the planet that I can even pull a B (realistically). Furthermore, I pretty much F'ed up an entire semester in one week. Damn. What can ya do? Nothing really. Dean's list is out the window and my confidence is shot. I have no more to give on so many different levels. I am bitter, I am frustrated and I am beaten. Yet, I will meet with my advisor for next semester on Friday. WTF am I thinking?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Sorry nutrition didn't go well. Best wishes on your chem exam tomorrow. I am glad you feel pretty prepared.

Bad Doctor said...

Hang in there. We've all had a bad grade or two, and it can honestly be made up in other areas of experience. Keep plugging away and try to evaluate where you can make adjustments to rock those classes next semester! Good luck!

Sara said...

It has been a whole week since you updated this thing! :meanie: