Sunday, October 22, 2006

1260 miles, 24 hours, no regrets

The last 5 days have been a total whirlwind. I blew 4 quizzes/exams because of how nervous I was about the flight...I can't afford to do that again. Especially since nothing worthwhile came of it. I ended up totally chickening out and hubby and I drove to Michigan to see a friend and party with a couple more. It was fantastic. I also had the opportunity to shadow my friend (a pathology resident) for one day and it was great. Went to a conference with her where 2 other residents presented re: 1. esophageal perforation during botox injection and 2. pulmonary fibrosis. Both were extremely interesting.

I had a wonderful time with my friend. Lots of laughs. I will be going back in December after finals (if she will have me). But, this time I will be taking the train. :) Not going to be a freak again and I am certainly not going to put the people around me through that again. It is a VERY long trip by train, but a lot less stressful and I will have the time at that point. Thankfully, the drive wasn't horrible...just long.

I have a Chem exam this week. I think I am going to opt out of my volunteering on Monday in favor of studying. They aren't going to be happy about it, but I really need to knock this score out of the park. Thankfully, there is no math homework due on Tuesday like there usually is...we had an exam and a couple of reading univ. days so that pushed things back a bit.

I need to work on some Chem homework today and get a grip on my schedule for the week. Once again, I am planning to shadow that plastic surgeon on Friday...we'll see how it works out. For now, I need a nap.

Later!

1 comment:

Sara said...

It sure was wonderful to finally meet you in person, and I am so appreciative that you drove all this way!

Best wishes with your chem studying and I hope you get to catch up on your rest today.