Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It is cold. Usually, I love the cold, but I have an exam tomorrow that needs serious prep and all I want to do is sleep. I would love to think "yeah, the weekend is approaching and I will get to rest then" but the truth is I have a Chem exam next week and I really need to blow it out of the water. Not to mention, I have a doc appt on Friday about 2 hours away. Also, I found a lump in my right breast and need to try to get an appointment with my other doc for Friday as well. I mean, it is likely nothing, but nonetheless there and new.

I have a Chem quiz today that I am only slightly more ready for than I was last night (when I was COMPLETELY lost) and feel like the world is spinning at 3 times its normal rate. I got my Human Bio exam grade and while definitely not good, it was better than I thought I had done. But, when you reach the depths of the grade scale like that, a few points really don't make any difference. The vast majority of this could be prevented by staying on top of everything. I have failed at that. Not entirely, but enough. In the blink of an eye I went from not having to worry about Human Bio to "OMG, I have to really concentrate on this now!" Same with Math. What a horrible feeling. Of course, neither one of them are anywhere close to Chem, but I was soing so well! I have loaded my Nutrition review sheet onto my Axim so I will have it to study during my break today. Without jinxing it, I feel like this information is somewhat easier than the others. Oh, and a little side note...a piece of advice if you will...never take a course for which you do not have the pre-req. Not smart. Getting an A is ridiculously hard. The last time I had any Bio was 1993. A class 13 years ago does not constitute a pre-req. In all of my classes, I have 2 tests and a final remaining. The final is huge for me in my Chem classes. It will replace what I have successfully screwed up (it will replace one test grade if I do better than my lowest score to account for 60 percent of my grade) so I am really banking on it. Unfortunately, all of the supplemental instruction sessions are conducted at times when I have class. UGH.

Ok, I gotta get a grip. But, first...a shower.

Outta here.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi dear!

I am sorry you are so stressed about school and hope your studying is going well.

I didn't know you found a lump in your breast! Glad you're getting it checked out. Hope you're not worried about it.

I miss you and think about you all the time. :)