Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just complaining



My husband says that EVERYTHING annoys me. Probably true. So, I decided to make a list of all the petty things that I can't stand.

1. Reality TV
2. When I watch reality TV
3. Shallow people
4. Carelessness
5. When black people use intimidation toward whites
6. When white people are accused of being racist when I am the one be discriminated against
7. When people (all ethnicities) are mean to one another based simply on their race
8. When people make judgments about others based on nothing
9. Inconsistency
10. When I overthink things
11. When I don't think enough
12. Vicki on "The Housewives of Orange County" (see #2)
13. Dismissive people
14. When the base from the stereo in the car next to me is so loud that it alters my heart rate
15. Hair extensions (I just don't get it)
16. When I don't learn from my mistakes
17. When I let fear rule my actions
18. Arrogance
19. ENTITLEMENT! Ugh.
20. Rude people
21. When there isn't any soap in a bathroom. EWW!
22. When the front door is not locked. (A couple of years ago, we had a random quadruple murder near us...yes, scary)
23. People who walk their dog off leash
24. People who do not pick up after their dog
23. People who do not make the effort to move out of the way when someone else is walking along the same path
24. Catty women
25. When people raise their hand in class just to show how smart they are
26. Lack of common sense

And...of course...

27. People who wear their Bluetooth EVERYWHERE!

In all fairness, there are many, MANY more.

But, what about the things that I like? The little things that make me smile. Let's explore that list.

1. God
2. My husband
3. Our dogs
4. Sleeping
5. Sunny, 70 degree days
6. Mountain biking
7. Knowing I did my best
8. Driving across the bridge with the top down on the car
9. Expressing myself intelligently
10. Deep conversations with friends
11. Trains
12. Having my eyebrows waxed and knowing that I don't have to go back for a month
13. Hammocks
14. Water
15. Making people laugh
16. Sucking it up and working out
17. Baseball caps
18. When people count me worthy to confide in
19. Snow
20. Sports
21. Hoodies
22. Animals
23. Opportunities to make a difference
24. Grass (the yard kind)
25. Sneakers...I am a freak about tennis shoes, running shoes, any athletic shoe!
26. Down to earth people
27. Music
28. Doing well on an exam

And...so much more

2 comments:

Dilly Bar said...

lol...totally agree with you about Vicki on Housewives. Shes so annoying!

Dr. Underdog said...

Dilly,

I can never find your blog without linking with your name. Oneineightmillion dot blogspot dot com belongs to someone else. What is your URL??

Dr. Underdog