Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I can't think of a title.

I am unnaturally tired. I fall asleep like a narcoleptic. I am actually a bit concerned. I know I am having a fibro flare, but the whole exhaustion thing seems to be hitting me a bit harder than usual. Weird.

I finally was able to take my blood sugar during one of those episodes (sort of) that I have had in the past 8 months or so. It wasn't close to the worst one I have had, so I hesitate saying that it was representative of the norm, but it was as close I have gotten. So..my level was an 82 and I had already put away a sandwich, a carton of blackberries, and a few chips in an effort to bring it up. To me, that seemed low...especially after all of that food! Wow! I know that the whole shaking thing wasn't helped by the fact that my consumption of caffeine has been higher than normal in recent days. I am really looking forward to spring break (week after next) so that I can recoup from school. I think the time off will do me good. I mean, REALLY...who wouldn't benefit from a week off? I would like to think that I would be able to rest and that would be about it, but actually I am looking forward to having the extra time to study. My former self would be shocked to see those words come come from my fingertips, but it is true. I really need the extra time to study for a lab practical in Anatomy that I have the week after we return, and a Chem exam the Wednesday that we go back. It will be a good opportunity to get 2 outstanding grades.

We went to go see Patch Adams speak last night. Well, I will write about that another time...

On a totally random note (another one)...there is nothing better than a puppy (no matter how old) to make you forget your stress.

2 comments:

Mrs. Chief Howling Wolf said...

Saw your Random post and wanted to read about your stress... Man, you need to set up a glucose IV LOL!

Seriously though, I've had lots of stress in my life, the worst "immediate" stress being dealing with cancer. However, this L-O-N-G process of med school pre-reqs, MCAT prep, and soon application has taken a huge toll on my overall well-being. Putting ourselves through this for what - years? - it seems normal that your body and mind would spazz out after a while.

Soon enough the sun will be out more and warmer days will arrive, and then you can hopefully feel a little more relaxed!

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you are so tired and hope you feel better soon!