Tuesday, January 02, 2007


After thinking that gamers were geeks (gee, I am one to talk) and giving my friend a horrible time about being a WoW (World of Warcraft) junkie, I actually bought a game. I considered a Wii game console, but decided against it. Really, all I wanted it for was to play tennis anyway. So, I opted for a PC based game....Flight Simulator X Deluxe.

Frankly, I am not sure what makes it so "deluxe" except that you can play online which apparently you couldn't do with the previous editions. It is actually pretty cool. I am hoping it has some sort of positive, real-life, psychological impact on me. You know, perhaps make me a little less fearful of flying? I know, I know, I am grasping at straws but I am desperate. So, I try. So far, I have managed to get myself super dizzy and on the verge of puking. Let's just say that I think my strategy may be backfiring on me. I have crashed every time I have gone up in a glider, but I can "fly" the DC-3 pretty well. That is if you don't count the number of times I have to circle the airport to land and the fact that I rarely actually land on a runway. But, none the less...

This break has been extremely relaxing. I have done a bunch of nothing (Ahhhh!) but I have stressed about what I need to get done. Today I will begin studying Chemistry or perhaps I should say REVIEWING Chem. I need to have a better handle on it than I do currently. I also need to go to the grocery store and wait for the roofer who will be here about noon to give an estimate. (Hubby swears that he told me this since he wouldn't be here, but my enthusiasm does not lie with a new garage roof so I forgot.) Anyway, at some point today I will get it all done. I am currently doing laundry and the kitchen is next. Of course, I need to figure out something to eat for breakfast since it is nearly lunchtime.

I keep staring at my schedule for this semester. I don't know if it is a good one or not. I don't know if I am being prudent or just overzealous. I am still waiting to find out what I can do about my Chem Lab. If I don't get it, I think I MAY (a big MAY) take the Human Bio Lab that I didn't take last term. Who knows. I am so confused as to what will count as my Bio requirements for med school that my head is spinning. This really shouldn't be such a difficult thing, but I am sure I am not making it any easier with my highly Type A personality.

Ok, that is it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FS is a tough game! Landing on runways is totally optional. :) I also enjoy Train Simulator. And with the expansion pack coming out, WoW is now only $20. And way easier to master than FS.

For bio requirements for med school - I would found out what the bio majors take for their sequence and take those.

Hope you are having a good day!

Mrs. Chief Howling Wolf said...

That looks like a cool game! Probably a less expensive way for me to satisfy my curiosity of learning to fly.

Did you work out your classes yet?