Saturday, November 18, 2006

Back in the Swing...sort of

I am back in the swing of things...somewhat. I am studying and retaining which hasn't been accomplished in days. So, I have a lot to make up for. Human Bio down. Next up will be Nutrition. I don't have either one of those exams on Monday (thankfully) but there is no way I am waiting until the night before to cram. After this illness, which has lasted longer than I would have liked (I know - whine, whine) I am feeling refreshed and ready to hit the next 4 weeks hard! I have an advising appointment on Monday morning...for what reason?? I have no idea. I already know what I need to take since it all just one big sequence that has been laid out for me since before I began. But, it doesn't hurt to get face time with the guy. I am still afraid of blowing it for the semester and getting less than a 3.0. Which would not be good. But, I really need to put that out of my mind until it actually happens. I think the class that really worries me is Nutrition. I would be elated to get a B in there. I don't know if that is possible. It is sad actually, I was somewhat glad to feels o bad this week and get to put off that exam. In addition to feeling terrible, I was not in the right fram of mind to take an important exam. All I could think about was how scared I was of blowing it. It is funny how my definition of "blowing it" has changed so dramatically in the last 10 years. Then, blowing it was an F. Now, it is defined as a C. Some days it is defined as less than an A. Kind of a high standard to set, I suppose. I keep averaging and reaveraging my possible GPA with different grades, etc. Worst case scenerio...I have blown it with 2 Cs, 2 Bs and an A...I have a 2.928. Ugh. I am supposed ot be removed from my program with less than a 3.0. Since this is my first semester, I don't have anything to leverage against. So...would that be it? OR would they give me a break knowing that I have been out of school for so long? C'mon...cut the old lady a break. Anyway, I am looking toward
3 As, 1 B and a C. Thank you Chem. I appreciate the difficulty you have given me this semester and the awful prof that accompanied you. How dense was I when I was so happy to have gotten her? Ugh. Note to self and all readers...are there any of you out there?? Always read up on your profs at RateMyProfessor.com AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEMESTER. If the reviews say they are bad...they usually are. Don't think you can change the teacher...they are the way they are. Anyway, no use bitching...I just want to get through and beyond. I will NEVER...NEVER, EVER sign up with this prof again. I will literally go to a private institution and my $1K per credit hour rather than have this woman again. Literally, THAT is how bad she has been.

OK, enough bitching. Actually, I am in a really good mood and looking forward to blowing the top off what is left of the semester.

WOO HOO!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am really glad to hear that you are feeling better and are optimistic about the rest of the semester!