Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday...I think.

I slept forever today. The alarm went off at 7:30am and I barely rolled over. Neither one of us went to church. I don't even know when the last time my hubby didn't go! I skipped a bunch when we were at our last church b/c I was so disgusted with the people. I didn't get anything out of the service and felt more hatred than anything. Perhaps it wasn't the best thing to do, but I did it nonetheless. This morning, I was COMPLETELY out of it. I slept until 10:30. I have no idea when hubby awakened. We had breakfast about 11 and crawled back into bed. I ended up taking another nap until about 3:30 (off and on) …we went to Jason's Deli at about 4:30 for lunch/dinner. Unfortunately, while were there, I had a somewhat severe hypoglycemic incident. I am not diabetic, but it was awful. I could feel it getting worse when I was getting my salad. When I sat down at the table, I could barely get food to my mouth. Somehow, I asked hubby to get me a regular CokeƂ—quickly. I never drink Coke. Always Diet. But, I knew I needed the sugar. I gulped it down.… As I ate more, I felt progressively better. It was a horribly frightening experience, but I know that skipping meals (or not eating within 3-4 hours or so) does not agree with me and I should heed the warning signs which I didn't. I have never had an incident like this before. It is usually a lot milder and I take care of it right away. I was seconds from not being about to talk that was not fun. Anyway, I am fine now. No one suspected a thing except for the two of us.

Tomorrow, I need to go get my picture taken for my hospital ID. I hate ID pictures. Somehow, they brand you and you cannot change from the way you were that moment. Rarely, the camera catches a good moment...those are awesome. I recently begged the DMV to allow me to keep my previous driver's license picture. I lost. So, now I must walk around with that moment in the grey t-shirt until I am willing to endure another trip to the DMV. I think I will forego my vanity and keep the picture.

We are searching for an indoor, floor fountain/waterfall for our foyer. I never knew finding a fountain 55"+ tall x 16"+ wide would be such a big deal. We were able to find ONE. I think. I say "I think" because there is reason to believe that there may be a typo in the description. I hope not. It is not my first choice for fountains, however the size overrides any slight dislike I may harbor.

It's nice to have such trivial worries. I have friends who don't have this luxury right now. They are on my heart and mind a lot. Say a prayer of thanks for triviality...and then please add a prayer for those I am thinking of right now.

Peace Out Peeps!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope things work out with your classes!

My hospital ID pic sucks too. I had a good one in med school and was lucky. No such luck this time. :)

What does TTFN mean?

Dr. Underdog said...

TTFN means "Ta Ta For Now"... Tigger says that whenever he leaves.