Saturday, July 22, 2006

I think too much...Do I?

This week was fairly uneventful, I suppose. As I recounted, I went and had my TB test read and got my hospital ID. I had my MMR booster on Friday and will return for the second of two needle sticks in a month. I have scheduled my second of two orientations for my volunteer work at the cancer center for Tuesday and I have been registered for classes for a month. I sat down with my mentor last evening for a very thorough chat about what is going on and my direction. She is always positive so I opted to pose a question that would require a negative answer to be honest. Not that I wanted a negative answer, but I wanted to cover all my bases.

Q: "Is there anything you can identify that I am not doing correctly?"

A: "You are thinking too much."

Apparently, everyone seems to have this wrong. This is supposed to be a relaxing process? I think not. But, I guess I should have expected that from a woman who got her M.D. without a second though except for specialty. In fact, that is her biggest regret in medicine. She had secured a neurosurg residency, but due to a variety of factors opted for IM and later went back and became board certified in Psychiatry and Neurology. Really, I should have expected an answer like that from a person like that. However, there is a reason that I hold her in such high regard. Perhaps I should listen.

I am going to chat on the phone with a couple of my SDN peeps tonight...A planned "3 way" if you will. I am looking forward to it!

Outta here for now.

1 comment:

Sara said...

The 3 way was awesome. :)