Saturday, July 15, 2006

I am thrilled to report that the foyer and upstairs hallway have been painted! Now, for some reason, I am dizzy, have a headache and am woozy. Probably the paint fumes, I guess.

I had decided to apply to a formal post-bacc program instead of doing it on my own. Especially since the university where I am doing my work has such a great program. So I had begun to study for the GRE. But, alas...it was not what I thought it was! I have to finish all of my stupid pre-reqs before I can even get into their program. So, I looked further...they have a certification program for people looking to complete their pre-reqs, but you have to have already completed the year of Bio and the year of Chem. That's almost half of it already! What exactly is the purpose? Especially since I can't get into either of those classes this fall. So, we'll have to see what happens. Hopefully, somehow by the grace of God, a spot will open up in Bio and I can jump on it. But, Chem...I need the Intro. I haven't taken it since my junior year in high school. I have decided to take the math placement test over again since I bombed it so royally the first time. I mean, I can do Calc II...what am doing failing an Algebra test? Stupid...really stupid. I need to go get Schaum's College Algebra and look over it. Schaum's Outlines are fabulous if you have never used them. Unfortunately...I have encountered quite a few errors on the answer key. But, for explanation...amazing. I have found them very useful. Keep your fingers crossed and your hands folded that I pull this out. I don't want to rot a semester away in College Algebra!

I am trying to get these pre-reqs out of the way by Summer 2008. Now, try to squeeze the MCAT in there with ample study time and everything will be great. I have some serious doubts. That's ok. What's an extra year when everyone is going to be 10+ years younger than me when I finally get in anyway?? :)

As an aside...I have a zit on the tip of my nose. I guess I am not too old for those!

TTFN!

No comments: