Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday..which bed do I sleep in tonight?

Even though we pay a mortgage and have a house full of boxes somewhere about 2 hours south of where I write this, I feel pretty homeless right now. Last Tuesday, I packed suitcases, threw them in the back of my SUV and the dogs jumped in the backseat for the trip to DC for my Old PreMeds conference. I dropped them at the kennel and met up with my hubby at his office. I had scheduled some testing months ago to be done in DC and it was convenient that the conference began just hours after the testing concluded. We stayed 2 days with a church friend and then moved to the conference hotel for 3 nights and now I am back at the friend's for 2 nights so that I can go to a previously scheduled appointment this evening. I will drive back home tomorrow. While it is wonderful to have people in your life that will offer their guest room to you on an indefinite basis, we aren't even moved into the new house yet. I miss the dogs, our bed and the freedom to run naked through the house if I so choose! I feel guilty not yet having made an appearance downstairs yet to at least say "Good Morning." It is now 9:33 am. Perhaps she thinks I am still asleep? I doubt it. But, it is raining outside so laziness is completely possible.

The conference was fun. I met some great people and enjoyed some wonderfully interesting lectures. I learned a lot and changed my mind on a few things as well. If you are not familiar with Old PreMeds, check out their site (link in the right margin of this blog). Even if you aren't an OLD pre-med, there is a ton of great information to be had. The conference was completely informal which facilitated an open forum for questions and discussion. I highly recommend going to the next one. I will be there! Mark your calendar for June 7-9, 2007 in Chicago.

I guarantee that you will meet someone there that will give you hope as well as someone for whom you will provide the hope.

Peace out.

No comments: