Sunday, January 11, 2009

I am sitting at home while hubby is at church. In my attempts at yoga yesterday, I pulled a huge muscle in my back. My anxiety has been especially high this week and I know that my shrink is getting tired of getting text messages from me. I went to the doctor on Friday and she put me on blood pressure meds. I took it for 2 days and will not take it again. It made me feel horrible. I am going to give myself 6 months on a low sodium diet with supplements to see what I can do naturally. I am at the point where I think that eastern medicine has gotten way too caught up and western medicine has it all right. A friend of mine had a BP of 210/110, did it the natural way and is now normal. In the last 24 hours I have read some very interesting new research that touts the efficacy of 500 mgs of Vitamin C and 650 mgs of garlic bulb powder daily to decrease BP an average of 9%. Nine percent would get me to where I need to be.

If it works, I am going to insist that my husband goes on it too. Actually, I will probably insist that he subscribe to the protocol when I do...immediately. His BP is high and his stress is higher. I am concerned about him. He hates his job. Well, not his entire job, just one portion of it, but it is significant.

Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments: