Saturday, December 02, 2006

Started Dec. 1...
I finally did the plastic surgeon shadowing that has been in the works for something like 8 months. I will be going back, but yesterday was my first installment. It was great. A few highlights:
-A man who had had lipo done by an ObGyn-
WOW. Needless to say, he has had severe complications. The gentleman is now on dialysis, has a huge hole in the skin of his abdomen which is exposing the muscle and the skin on his scrotum fell off. The first question I had (obviously not to the pt) was "What the heck was an obgyn (why wont Blogger allow me to use certain punctuation???) doing performing liposuction?" This poor man has obviously been through a lot. Whatever $$$ he saved going to this back alley doc is being far exceeded by what he is having to shell out now to stay alive.

(MAJOR TIME LAPSE...it is now Dec. 7th.)
Attempting to complete this post as if no time had passed would be stupid. But, suffice it to say that last Friday was a super kick @$$ day and it provided a much needed shot of motivation to get me through finals. I can't wait until those are over! I will expound more upon that later..but for now I am going to cuddle up in bed. We just got home from an extra credit Science and Faith Seminar. It was supposed to be on the efficacy of intercessory prayer in relation to health and healing, but neither party held their ground. The scientist who was arguing the "anti-proof" side turned out to gush his faith while the theologian tried to argue the opposite side to take up the slack...ugh. Very disappointing. I am glad I got extra credit for going because I gained nothing from it personally.

Studying on tap for the weekend.

No comments: