Saturday, December 09, 2006

Finals...that's all folks!

I am having a lot of trouble getting motivated to study for finals. You would think that good grades would be enough, but apparently not. Of course, I am being told that I am concentrating TOO MUCH on my grades. Um..ok...WTF? Anyway, I met with my Chem prof on Friday. Chem is the bane of my existence this semester and I thought that a C was my highest hope. Apparently not. She worked up my grades and if I pull an 80 on the final I have a B. WOO HOO. Please, Please, Please God! I just hope that I have retained more than my grades have shown thus far. I know, back to the whole grade thing.

I have done ZERO studying all weekend. I was in bed most of today. I sustained a couple of back injuries about 10-15 years ago and every once in a while my back likes to make me aware that it can wreck my life. Usually, I just deal. I move through it. But, it got to the point last night that standing was not an option. So, I have been in bed all day. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy. Sort of. But, I really don't want to get to the point where I can't walk...especially this week. I am looking forward to finals being over, but I am really looking forward to doing well on them. Thankfully, I get both of my Chem classes out of the way on Monday and don't have to think about them again. Tuesday is Math and Nutrition (more difficult than it sounds) which will result in 2 Bs for the semester and Thursday is Human Biology...which could go down as an A or a B depending upon the final. If I make an A on the final, I get an A...If I get anything lower, I get a B. So... my study group is on Tuesday night which leaves me Wednesday to review before Thursday. So, if everything goes well, I will end up with 2 As and 3 Bs. I guess that is "well."

I am registered for my classes next semester. The schedule?
Human Anatomy
Anatomy Lab
Chemistry
Chem Lab
HUMS Chem
Safety & First Aid (don't laugh..it includes some certifications that I want)
Math

My schedule is not nearly as cushy as it was this term. I have 8am classes 2x/week and a night class as well. Not to mention, in order to get this particular professor for Chem I had to enroll in a MWF class which means I no longer have my Fridays free - a luxury that I have enjoyed this semester. But, after such a horrible experience with Chem this term, I won't settle for anyone less. I had this professor for HUMS Chem this term and now I will have her for HUMS Chem and Gen Chem. AWESOME!

I am gonna scram for now. To all of you who have finals coming up...GOOD LUCK!

TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes on your finals this week! I will be praying for you!