Thursday, May 17, 2007

A short update



I am convinced that no one is reading this anymore, but that is ok. Apparently, it doesn't bother me seeing as though I continue to write. I know my entry the other day wasn't very verbose...hey, I think the 96% on an ANATOMY FINAL speaks volumes by itself! ;) Anyway, I have been a total slug the last day and a half. Yesterday was devoted to sleeping and Facebook. It was so fun! I located a bunch of people that I grew up with and have known for a hundred years...and my cousin who is attending my alma mater. How strange it is to know that the guy whose mother you helped stand after sitting on a curb while she was pregnant with HIM is now in medical school. So cool, yet so weird. His sister, who I have also known forever is divorced (I went to her wedding)...and the youngest of the 3 is 20. Nothing like that to make me feel old. Oh yes..there is...MY cousin is 21. I held her while she was still in the hospital. OMG.

I am feeling old...and scared...and unsure. That's the worst part. Am I SURE about this? I keep trying to talk myself out of it, but I can't. Is that a good sign or a bad one?

I will be shadowing a Cardiothoracic Surgeon (a D.O.!!!) next week. I am excited, but somewhat nervous.

Let's see, grades...I finished the semester with a 3.5. I may have already said that. Oh well, now you know twice. Geez, I just finished last week and I only have one more week of vacation before I return for summer classes. I am going to an open house at another medical school that I am interested in. It is an osteopathic school. I really prefer that philosophy. Would I turn down an allopathic acceptance? Absolutely not. (Seriously, am I crazy???) Obviously, my first choice is to stay right here in town where I can come home to hubby at night and perhaps maintain some semblance of normalcy. But, it is going to take a lot.

What a disjointed post. Ugh.

No comments: